Monday, February 13, 2012

The Four Lindas

This is actually a series of four books. Entitled As Young As We Feel, Hometown Ties, All For One, and Here's To Friends.  Each book is approximately 330 pages long and written by Melody Carlson.

Now I'm going to be honest - this was "fluff" reading for me. :) After reading books about Presidents, books for work (one was awful!), I decided I needed some "fluff" reading. 

The series is about four women (in their 50's) who all happen to be named Linda. Going by their middle name (Caroline, Janie, Marley, and Abby) these ladies all grew up together along the Pacific coast in Oregon. Each woman was drawn back to their small coastal town of Clifden for different reasons. Though they didn't think their paths would cross, by rekindling their friendship, they fall into all different kinds of fun and mischief.

This series is very similar to the "Sister Chicks" series (written by Robin Jones Gunn). It was a fun series to read (I caught myself laughing out loud several times), lighthearted, and "fluff". If you're looking for a fun book (or series) to read for a the beach, plane trip, etc., I would recommend this series. 

* You do have to read the books in order (of the series) in order to understand each Linda's history/background.

No comments:

Post a Comment